Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 information technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local events every Monday morning!
I found out about a cool new place called Galvanize, so I found a lot more events to include. It looks like a good way to scratch my entrepreneurial and techie itches at the same time. I’m going to have to go check that place out soon. If you know about Galvanize, I’d love to hear for you.
- Innovation Pavilion building in the Denver Tech Center to get bigger, stronger, faster [Denver Post]
- Online job-wanted posts increase in Denver, but decrease state-wide [DBJ]
- Hasbro acquires Boulder-based game maker Backflip Studios [DBJ]
- Boulder startup FlixMaster launches mobile video editing app [TechKnowBytes]
- Tossing electronics in the trash is now banned. Electronic Recyclers Intl. to open up shop in Aurora in September [DBJ]
- Boulder Digital Arts Scholarship available [New Tech Boulder]
- An Apple 1 from 1976 is auctioned for $387,750 [Denver Post]
- Facebook’s new Graph Search pushed out to more users [Denver Post]
- Microsoft tries to get some mojo back with a big reorganization [Denver Post]
- Tech firms speak up on immigration reform [Denver Post]
- 7/17 – SpotXchange – Engineer Recruiting Open House
- 7/17 – Galvanize – 1MillionCups
- 7/18 – CTA – CEO in Tech Forum: Creating a Dynamic Work Culture
- 7/19 – CTA – Convercent Summer Happy Hours
- 7/20 – CIGDA – Panel Discussion – “How To Make Video Games For A Living”
- 7/20-7/21 – CTA – Music Hack Day Denver
- 7/22 – Galvanize – Code for Communities Meetup
- 7/23 – Data Science and Business Analytics – Climate Data Analysis Cyberinfrastructure & Data Scientists vs. Data Engineers
- 7/23 – CTA – Gov in Tech Series: Everything you wanted to know about mobile (but were afraid to ask)
- 7/23 – CTA – Rocky Mountain Tech Meetup
Thank you for reading!
If know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado, please let me know! Also if you attend any of the events listed, I would love to hear from you!