Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local tech events every Monday morning!
You are either very curious why the title of this post is nothing but numbers or just very annoyed. Is it a secret code? Is it a pattern? Has Scott lost his marbles?
The answers to these questions are: “No”, “no” and “probably but he still functions well, so we let him be.” Each number is from one of the headlines for this week that helps us quantify what is going on in the Colorado tech community. We have become very good at quantifying with our computers. We are now to the point where we are overwhelmed with quantities and want our computers to calculate qualities which is proving much more difficult than we realized it would be. However, if you look at some of the most successful tech companies in Colorado, that’s exactly what they’re doing.
Top Colorado Technology News
- How they got in: 4 Colorado techies discuss how they found their jobs [BuiltinColorado]
- Colorado tech brought in over $127.5M in October: Here are the top 5 [BuiltinColorado]
- Colorado Tech Association’s APEX Awards recognize 10 outstanding technology leaders [CTA]
- 44 Colorado cities and counties voted yes to municipal broadband [Tech+]
- 4 of the biggest names in tech discuss why Colorado is so collaborative [BuiltinColorado]
- 5 Colorado companies chosen as finalists for Richard Branson’s massive pitch competition [BuiltinColorado]
- Boulder’s Tradiv, the Amazon of marijuana wholesalers, celebrates $1 million in financing [DBJ]
- Douglas County-based Arrow Electronics points to slowdown [DBJ]
- Denver’s Havenly raises $7.5M for flat-fee interior design site [Xconomy]
- Douglas County-based Rise Broadband moving to LTE to offer 50-to-100 Mbps wireless Internet [Tech+]
- 11/11 – All Things API – When RESTful May Be Considered Harmful- Ross Garrett
- 11/11 – BuiltinColorado – Intro to the Colorado Startup Scene
- 11/11 – CTA – 101 Luncheon
- 11/11 – Denver Java Users Group – Cloud Foundry: Jamie O’Meara
- 11/11 – Refresh Denver – Jeff Casimir, Executive Director at Turing School of Software & Design
- 11/12 – BuiltinColorado – Built In Brews at Zayo
- 11/12 – RefactorU – Networking Mixer
- 11/13-11/15 – UP Global Startup Communities – Startup Weekend Boulder: GSB 2015
- 11/17 – DaVinci Institute – Introduction to HTML & CSS Workshop
- 11/17 – HTML5 Denver – Workshop: Web.NEXT
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado, please let me know!
Does your Colorado tech company have a blog or newsletter? Am I already subscribed to it? If you answered “yes” then “no”, send me your info! I want to hear about what you’re doing!