Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local tech events every Monday morning!
Local company, Arrow Electronics, acquires a company. Local company, Alchemy API gets acquired by a company. DigitalGlobe to cut 150+ jobs. Innosphere helped create 150+ jobs. The sun rises. The sun sets. There’s a zen kind of feeling to this week’s headlines… unless you’re one of the 155 employees of DigitalGlobe. Then it’s more of a shaking-your-fist kind of headline. Time for me to get back to homework. Here’s your headlines…
Top Colorado Technology News
- New Tech group exploring format change, seeking new venue [BizWest]
- Longmont satellite imagery company DigitalGlobe cutting 155 jobs [DBJ]
- Denver-based Placeable hires digital industry veteran Jonathan Ewert as president [InnovatioNews]
- Colorado legislators back data center tax breaks — for now [DBJ]
- Centennial’s Arrow Electronics acquires distributor ImmixGroup [InnovatioNews]
- ‘Internet of Everything’ thought leader joins Denver-based BuildingDNA’s Board of Directors [BuiltinColorado]
- Denver’s AlchemyAPI acquired by IBM Watson Group [InnovatioNews]
- Centennial-based health-care technology group, Prime Health Collaborative, expanding into Colorado Springs [Colorado Springs Gazette]
- 2014 was a very successful year for the Fort Collins Innosphere incubator with 179 high-paying jobs created [InnovatioNews]
- Supreme Court clears the way for challenge to Colorado ‘Amazon tax’ [DBJ]
- 3/11 – CTA – Better Analytics With Big Data and Hadoop
- 3/11 – CTA – C-Level @ A Mile High Bidders Seminar
- 3/11 – Denver JUG – Steve Wall: Developing Java Apps in Cloud Foundry
- 3/11 – Refresh Denver – Aaron Gray, Instructor at gSchool Boulder
- 3/12 – Colorado IAMCP – March Meeting
- 3/12 – gSchool – Workshop: Intro to Lean UX
- 3/16 – Denver WordPress – Creating Child Themes & Custom Theme Development /w Rafi
- 3/16 – MoMoCo – Boulder: Mobile Payments and your Daily Life
- 3/17 – CTA – An Evening with Gus Hunt (Former CTO of the CIA)
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado, please let me know!
Does your Colorado tech company have a blog or newsletter? Am I already subscribed to it? If you answered “yes” then “no”, send me your info! I want to hear about what you’re doing!