Looking over this week’s headlines I am thrilled by the amount of optimism and innovation in Colorado’s technology industry. We have non-profits helping kids learn about tech, a recognized college program, startups creating innovative products and large companies adding quality jobs to the area. Everything’s coming up Colorado!
- KidsTek received grants from XCel Energy and Chase Community Giving [CTA]
- UC-Colorado Springs computer science graduate program rated No. 2 in nation [InnovatioNews]
- Boulder-based Revolv flips switch on its Smart Hub to unite home automation devices [Xconomy]
- Agencies turn to Denver company, Mobile Accord, to raise money for typhoon relief [Xconomy]
- Loveland-based Madwire Media to launch new digital marketing software that will set standard for industry [InnovatioNews]
- Forget the $1,500 Google Glass, check out Denver-based Pivothead Smart for $400 [TechKnowBytes]
- Precision Discovery moving California operations to Denver Tech Center; hiring planned [DBJ]
- Lockheed changes mean more jobs for Denver [DBJ]
- Android Is Gaming’s Future, And The One OS To Rule Them All, Says Nvidia CEO [TechCrunch]
- PlayStation 4 first impressions (review) [DenverPost]
- 11/20 – QuickLeft – Locksport Security Hackfest
- 11/20 – Boulder/Denver BigData Meetup – Hadoop 101
- 11/21 – BDNT – New Tech Denver Meetup
- 11/21 – Mile High Chapter of AITP – Holiday Social
- 11/26 – CTA – CTA Gov in Tech Series: New Trends & Innovations in Health Information Technology
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado, please let me know! Also if you attend any of the events listed, I would love to hear from you!
I have a break in my courses at Regis until January. I am using that time to work on my own projects. During this break I am focusing on learning UX design and how to implement it with my website. You can find all my updates on my website design project here.