Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local events every Monday morning!
There are 52 weeks in a year. This is my 26th weekly post. What does that mean? It’s another milestone! I’ve now been doing these posts for half a year and I still enjoy it.
Speaking of weeks, this week is Computer Science Education Week and I get to celebrate it by volunteering at Mortensen Elementary (my daughter’s school) to help out with their Hour of Code program on Tuesday. I’m very excited!
Speaking of Tuesday, this Tuesday is Colorado Gives Day. Colorado Gives Day makes it really easy to donate to local charities by putting all the information in one place. You can get more information on 2 of my favorite charities here: Colorado FIRST and KidsTek.
Speaking of information, here’s what happened in the past week and what’s going on into next week.
- A look at Colorado government’s shift to Google, one year later [DBJ]
- Denver-based Photobucket: Web traffic numbers show 28% increase since site relaunch in Spring [InnovatioNews]
- Tech Tuesday: Hot startups in Colorado including FlexJobs, HealthGrades and SeedPaths [BuiltinColorado]
- Boulder-based LogRhythm granted patent for architectural foundation of its AI Engine [InnovatioNews]
- Ex-Googlers that live and work among Colorado’s digital community [BuiltinColorado]
- Denver’s T3Media wins Department of Defense contract with strength of metadata tagging [BuiltinColorado]
- SimCity wants to be the killer app of the classroom [Washington Post]
- Salesforce Adds $1M prize in disputed hackathon [AdWeek]
- Intel makes another acquisition: Hacker League, A platform for hackathons, is now a part of Mashery [TechCrunch]
- House passes Innovation Act by vote of 325-91: a small solution to a big patent problem [GigaOm]
- 12/11 – Refresh Denver – Speaker: Josh Tilton, UI/UX Designer at SendGrid
- 12/11 – CTA – Virtual Event: 10 Signs You Have Outgrown Your Cloud Provider
- 12/12 – ISSA and ISACA – Joint Meeting of ISSA and ISACA
- 12/12 – RMIMA – Write Once Deploy Everywhere: RMIMA Lunch Meeting
- 12/17 – Denver iOS Developers – Denver iPhone Meetup
- 12/17 – Colorado Code for Communities – Civic Hack Night
- 12/17 – Boulder Ruby Group – December Meeting
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado, please let me know! Also if you attend any of the events listed, I would love to hear from you!
I have a break in my courses at Regis until January. I am using that time to work on my own projects. During this break I am focusing on learning UX design and how to implement it with my website. You can find all my updates on my website design project here.