Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local events every Monday morning!
It’s important that I remind myself when I see these funding announcements that the people receiving these funds are being rewarded for their years of hard work. The companies being funded may be new, but the trust earned by the executive staff of these companies are based off of their reputations for success. They are also being rewarded for their hard work by promises of more hard work. These amounts aren’t gifts. They are investments. One of the reasons I do these posts is to not only keep up with local tech news, but also to remind myself that hard work does pay off. It just might not happen as soon as we would all like sometimes.
- Boulder-based Simple Energy Raises $6M More to Gamify Utilities, Engage Consumers [Xconomy]
- Denver-based CipherPoint awarded patent for transparent encryption gateway, key management [InnovatioNews]
- Denver’s SpotXchange reports rapid 2013 growth, expects explosive growth in 2014 [InnovatioNews]
- SocialEngine sold to Boulder-based digital marketing firm Room 214 [InnovatioNews]
- Boulder-based Quick Left and Sprintly Join Forces [QuickLeft]
- Federated Media makes Lijit a new Boulder online ad biz again [DBJ]
- Boulder-based sports app maker TeamSnap raises $7.5 million in equity funding [DBJ]
- Denver-based GutCheck starts 2014 with another $4 million in funding [BuiltinColorado]
- Proposed tax break has big potential for Colorado aerospace industry [DBJ]
- Colorado Launches Go Code Colorado to Make Public Data More Accessible [Colorado SoS]
- 2/5 – Analyze Boulder – AB February Meetup: Let it Snow!
- 2/6 – Denver JS – ES6 Generators
- 2/6 – Neudesic – Exclusive Seminar: Using Analytics to Gain a Competitive
- 2/8 – Denver DevCamp.us – Let’s Learn About Web Development
- 2/10 – DDD Denver – Killing Fibonacci: Dan Sharp
- 2/10 – Aspenware – Colorado Sitecore User Group
- 2/11 – BDNT – New Tech Ft. Collins Meetup
- 2/11 – Colorado Code for Communities – Civic Hack Night
- 2/11 – Aspenware – Colorado Springs Technology Roundtable!
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado, please let me know! Also if you attend any of the events listed, I would love to hear from you!
You can now subscribe to all my posts by email.
You can also now ‘like’ Colorado Tech Weekly on Facebook!