Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local tech events every Monday morning!
A question that piques your interest as a headline? I think those years of reading to occasional copywriting/SEO articles are starting to pay off! Should I put my answer at the end of my blog post to make you at least glance at the rest of it before satisfying your curiosity? Oooh how devious!
I won’t do that though because you value your time and I don’t want to waste it. The answer is: No! Uber, Lyft and Drizly are not tech companies. Yes they are mentioned in tech podcasts and the technology sections of news outlets, but they’re not tech companies. Uber and Lyft are transportation companies. Drizly is a delivery company. They all just happen to use apps and websites. I can order pizza from Dominos from an app or a website but that does not make Dominos a tech company.
Top Colorado Technology News
- Aspen Institute to host Aug. 10-13 roundtable discussion in Aspen on ideas to strengthen Internet [InnovatioNews]
- On-demand alcohol delivery via Drizly’s smartphone app comes to Denver [TechKnowBytes]
- Boulder security firm LogRhythm raises $40M, eyes future IPO [CTA]
- Business of Coding: Ingrid Alongi, Co-Founder and CEO Consulting at Boulder’s Quick Left talks about the startup world and her career as a female in the programming world (PODCAST) [QuickLeft]
- Denver-based Ping Identity unveils mobile app, strategy for “Post-Password Era” [Xconomy]
- Boulder personal cloud app younity teams up with GoPro in a game-changing marketing move [BuiltinColorado]
- 5 things to know about LogRhythm’s $40 million round [BuiltinColorado]
- Broomfield-based Level 3 selected to provide services to connect Homeland Security sites in U.S. [InnovatioNews]
- Denver’s HOSTING Recognized in Gartner Magic Quadrant for Cloud-Enabled Managed Hosting [CTA]
- Douglas County-based EchoStar exec leaves to launch software startup in Denver [DBJ]
- 7/30 – CTA – APEX Award Nominations Webinar
- 7/31 – BuiltinColorado – Built In Brews at Inspirato
- 8/1-8/2 – Develop Denver – Develop Denver
- 8/2 – Node.js Denver/Boulder – NodeSchool.io Denver
- 8/5 – BDNT – New Tech Boulder Meetup
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado, please let me know! Also if you attend any of the events listed, I would love to hear from you!
You can subscribe to all my posts by email.
Feel free to ‘like’ Colorado Tech Weekly on Facebook!
Visit directly at ColoradoTechWeekly.com
Want to geek out about development in general? Check out my Dev News Weekly newsletter that comes out every Tuesday morning!