Dev News Weekly is designed to give you (and me) 10 useful software/web developer stories every Tuesday morning!
I’m not usually one to quote Mother Teresa, but I like this quote a lot. I do have to admit to having ulterior motives with this newsletter though. If I keep this up, I’ll soon learn which technologies I am most interested in. You would think that would be an easy thing for me to figure out, but it’s surprisingly difficult.
- Where are the mobile dev payouts? In enterprise apps [InfoWorld]
- Sprint partners with Google to sell apps for business [ReCode]
- Can the Amazon Fire Phone take on iPhone and Samsung? [ReCode]
- New Firefox 31 focuses on improving developer tools [VentureBeat]
- Nvidia announces Shield Tablet, an Android device for hardcore gamers [ReCode]
- Microsoft Open Tech brings support for more open-source projects to Azure [TechCrunch]
- Cisco launches DevNet to woo software developers [eWeek]
- Apple has paid $20 billion to iOS devs, half of it in the past year [TechCrunch]
- For half, degrees In computing, math, Or stats lead to other jobs [Slashdot]
- Tango luring developers to its platform with new $25 Million Global Games Fund [TechCrunch]
Pick of the Week
I needed to have something else in these posts besides my usual blathering and 10 news stories, so I will choose one thing each week to promote just because I like it.
The Ruby Rogues podcast has quickly become one of my favorite programming podcasts! I started listening to it because I am teaching myself Ruby on Rails. This is not why you should listen to this podcast.
It’s a weekly podcast that spends most of the time talking about issues that ALL programmers have, regardless of the language you code in. It’s fun. You should give it a listen.
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news sources for developers (especially newbies like me), please let me know!
You can subscribe to all my posts by email!