Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local tech events every Monday morning!
My headline looks like a bad spam subject line, doesn’t it? Am I talking about a crazy, out of this world, canine job fair? That would be pretty cool, but no! Each word in the headline is something I’m excited about in this week’s news. IT security, high-tech dog collars, a ton of cool developer-centric events and the Orion Mission leaves Earth!
Between the ESA landing on a freaking comet, the fact that I’m in the middle of reading “The Martian” and Orion having so many Colorado ties I am on a super space kick and I’m loving it! I may have to get up early Thursday to watch the Orion launch just to geek out even more. I included a link to the NASA channel in the Events section. You’re welcome. 🙂
Top Colorado Technology News
- Colorado retains No. 4 position on Milken Institute’s State Technology and Science Index [InnovatioNews]
- Broomfield’s Webroot achieves significant business growth in first fiscal quarter [YahooFinance]
- NASA’s Orion spacecraft (built by Littleton’s Lockheed Martin) will launch Dec. 4 (On a Denver-based ULA rocket) into deep space (then communicate and record data using Broomfield’s Ball Aerospace technology) [DenverPost]
- Microsoft CSO and Boulder-based Ecrypt CEO share inaugural Security Industry Award [Ecrypt]
- Englewood’s Civergy acquired by New York firm, changes name [DBJ]
- Behind the scenes of Kickstarting Wuf a smart dog collar from Boulder [DenverPost]
- Tim Shanahan hired as Greenwood Village-based InteliSecure sales VP [InnovatioNews]
- Denver e-commerce startup Active Junky preps for holidays, big 2015 [Xconomy]
- Two Denver Internet radio sites, MadGenius and Digitally Imported, join T-Mobile’s unlimited music service [TechKnowBytes]
- Software-services firm Xpanxion opens Fort Collins office [BizWest]
- 12/3 – 1 Million Cups Denver – Sugarwish & geekrowd
- 12/3 – CTA – Industry Briefing: 2015 Legislative Session Overview
- 12/3 – SheSays Boulder – Holiday Mixer: We have it MADE
- 12/3 – WomenWhoCode – The 6 Ws of Networking in the Tech Industry (Denver)
- 12/4 – NASA – Orion Flight Test (Launch Window Opens at 7:05am Eastern Time)
- 12/4 – Analyze Boulder – Boulder Analytics Fellows
- 12/5 – BuiltinColorado – December Intro to the Colorado Startup Scene at Galvanize
- 12/6 – GDI – DENVER: Building Your First iOS App Using Swift
- 12/6 – GDI – Boulder: Intermediate HTML & CSS / Intro to Responsive
- 12/7-12/8 – GDI – BOULDER: Intermediate HTML & CSS / Intro to Responsive
- 12/8-12/14 – CSED Week Boulder – Computer Science Education Week Boulder
- 12/9 – BDNT – New Tech Fort Collins Holiday Dinner
- 12/9 – CTA – Gov-In-Tech: Security in a Risky World
- 12/9 – GDI – BOULDER: Introduction to Distributed Systems
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado, please let me know! Also if you attend any of the events listed, I would love to hear from you!
You can subscribe to all my posts by email.
Feel free to ‘like’ Colorado Tech Weekly on Facebook!
Visit directly at ColoradoTechWeekly.com