Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local tech events every Monday morning!
Great news this week for people like me! Great news for people who want to become software developers in Colorado. I’m excited for the start of the new TechHire program here as well as Galvanize working towards accountability in immersive education options. The one thing that makes me nervous about dev boot camps is the lack of oversight. This is a great step in the right direction.
I’ll be volunteering at Sports Authority Field this Thursday for CTA’s C-Level @ Mile High event. I hope to see some of you there!
Top Colorado Technology News
- Photo and video sharing service Photobucket raises $3.6M [BuiltinColorado]
- Galvanize forms trade association with other industry leaders to establish accountability & standards for immersive education [Galvanize]
- Colorado Technology Association announces 2015 celebrities for C-Level @ A Mile High [CTA]
- Douglas County-based CH2M Hill named among world’s most ethical [DBJ]
- 3 really physically active Colorado startups: All work and a lot of play at QuickLeft, SendGrid and ReadyTalk [BuiltinColorado]
- Amazon confirms its acquisition of 2lemetry, a Denver-based Internet of Things startup [VentureBeat]
- Colorado employers could get tax breaks for repaying workers’ student loans [DBJ]
- Colorado’s a pilot region for Obama administration’s TechHire job-training push [DBJ]
- Go Code Colorado receives nationwide recognition as a bright idea [BuiltinColorado]
- Webroot and 443 Networks announce OEM partnership to improve cybersecurity protection [InnovatioNews]
- 3/18 – Boulder/Denver BigData – Data Streaming Technology Overview
- 3/19 – BDNT – New Tech Denver
- 3/19 – CTA – C-Level @ A Mile High
- 3/19 – Hack the Dot Hackathon – Winter 2015
- 3/19 – SeedPaths – Hiring Day Happy Hour Mixer
- 3/19 – WomenWhoCode – (Boulder) Hack Night: Wearables Workshop
- 3/20 – Denver Visual Studio User Group – Cloud DevCamp: Live in Denver at Microsoft DTC
- 3/23 – Denver Visual Studio User Group – How Not To Get Hacked
- 3/23 – HTML5 Denver – Lighting Talks!
- 3/24 – CTA – Gov-in-Tech: The Connected Government. Salesforce for Government
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado, please let me know!
Does your Colorado tech company have a blog or newsletter? Am I already subscribed to it? If you answered “yes” then “no”, send me your info! I want to hear about what you’re doing!
You can subscribe to all my posts by email.
Feel free to ‘like’ Colorado Tech Weekly on Facebook!
Visit directly at ColoradoTechWeekly.com