Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local tech events every Monday morning!
I have no doubt that grammar snobs read my headline and thought “It’s supposed to be ‘Too much excitement!'” but those grammar snobs would be wrong!
I’m excited about the Denver Post TechKnowBytes blog being rebranded to Tech+ with more and more good content. I’m excited that I won two tickets to Denver Comic Con at CTA’s C-Level @ Mile High. Speaking of C-Level, I’m really excited for the new ColoradoTech.biz directory that was unveiled at C-Level. I’m excited that a Colorado company is responsible for Sling TV which is finally starting to change the way we get TV in a big way. I’m excited to participate in my first hackathon next month at the GoCodeColorado hackathon. And I’m excited to start putting my social capital to use by looking for a developer job in May.
See, it’s not that I have too much excitement for one thing, I just have too many things to be excited about!
Top Colorado Technology News
- Douglas County-based Dish’s Sling TV releases app for Xbox One, first gaming console to support live TV [InnovatioNews]
- Boulder’s Rally Software loss widens despite revenue increase [BizWest]
- New app allows you to find Colorado businesses from your smart phone [DBJ]
- Tamara Chuang highlights local tech companies: Heck yeah, we’re from Boulder: Sphero [Tech+]
- Colorado’s telehealth expansion signed into law [DBJ]
- Longmont-based DigitalGlobe layoffs could affect state job-creation tax credits [DenverPost]
- Golden’s HomeAdvisor opening Colorado Springs office, plans to hire 100 [DenverPost]
- New Colorado Tech directory spotlights Front Range technology industry [BizWest]
- Boulder-based SendGrid expands to Silicon Valley, hires new software VP [DBJ]
- CEO of former Douglas County-based business, SofTec, pleads guilty to defrauding SBA [DBJ]
- 3/25 – CiGDA – Monthly Northside Casual
- 3/25 – Crank211 – Lunch & Learn: Designing and Building for the Apple Watch
- 3/26 – BuiltinColorado – Built In Brews at sovrn
- 3/26 – GDI – BOULDER: 1,000 Member Happy Hour Celebration
- 3/26 – IoT Denver – Home Automation in the IoT
- 3/26 – SignPost – Networking Night
- 3/28 – GDI – [DENVER]: How to Build a Website: HTML & CSS for Beginners
- 3/28 – IoT Denver – Arduino Day 2015
- 3/31 – Boulder iOS – Swift IRL
- 3/31 – Denver Visual Studio User Group – Building and Securing RESTful API for Multiple Clients in APS.NET (Part 1 0f 3)
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado, please let me know!
Does your Colorado tech company have a blog or newsletter? Am I already subscribed to it? If you answered “yes” then “no”, send me your info! I want to hear about what you’re doing!
You can subscribe to all my posts by email.
Feel free to ‘like’ Colorado Tech Weekly on Facebook!
Visit directly at ColoradoTechWeekly.com