Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local tech events every Monday morning!
Tomorrow I celebrate the 2 year anniversary of the very first Colorado Tech Weekly! It still amazes me that I’ve been doing these posts every week for 2 years! The other crazy thing is that the tone of the news has been mostly the same: More jobs, more growth!
Top Colorado Technology News
- Signs of growth abound at Denver digital software company Four Winds [DBJ]
- Front Range Internet unveils 10-gigabit fiber network in Northern Colorado [BizWest]
- EDC offers $7.8 million to two tech companies to expand in Denver area [DBJ]
- Boulder places No. 3 on NerdWallet’s Best Places for STEM Grads list [InnovatioNews]
- Denver job market among best in country for women [BuiltinColorado]
- Colorado Springs-based Boecore and Summit Technical Solutions land big defense contract [DenverPost]
- Denver startup Tectonic expands to New York City [DBJ]
- Douglas County-based Dish Network said to be lining up loans to buy T-Mobile (Video) [DBJ]
- Boulder’s LogRhythm appoints finance veteran Karen Blasing to directors board [InnovatioNews]
- ViaWest to acquire Boulder-based AppliedTrust [BizWest]
- 6/17 – Hack Night – Famous and web sockets
- 6/17 – WomenWhoCode – Ruby Study Group
- 6/18 – BDNT – New Tech Denver
- 6/18 – BuiltinColorado – Built In Brews at CommercialTribe
- 6/18 – Colorado IAMCP – June Meeting
- 6/18 – Turing School – Community Night: Lightning Talk Edition
- 6/22 – HTML5 Denver – “A Tale of 3 Cities” and “Responsive Web Design and the Mobile Web”
- 6/23 – CTA – Gov-in-Tech: Exponential Technologies – Exponential Innovation
- 6/23 – Denver Visual Studios User Group – Knockout Fundamentals
- 6/23 – WomenWhoCode – Data Science Study Group: Pandas and Burritos
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado, please let me know!
Does your Colorado tech company have a blog or newsletter? Am I already subscribed to it? If you answered “yes” then “no”, send me your info! I want to hear about what you’re doing!