Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local tech events every Monday morning!
There are so many cool headlines this week! I hope it’s a hint of what is to come for the rest of 2016. I’m looking forward to seeing what cool things come from RTD’s open data. A Colorado-made video game is being featured in a Smithsonian exhibit. Congratulations to Sphero on winning a spot in Richard Branson’s Extreme Tech Challenge at CES. Speaking of CES, there were 43 Colorado companies represented at CES and I expect that number will grow next year.
Then there’s the cool events! CiGDA is showing kids game development in VR and a UX talk at the Joomla Denver meetup highlight some of the cool events this week.
It’s this kind of week that really motivates me.
Top Colorado Technology News
- Boulder-based Sphero nabs spot in Extreme Tech Challenge to pitch Richard Branson [Tech+]
- RTD opens live bus location data to apps makers [DBJ]
- Denver, Panasonic unveil ‘smart city’ tech projects at CES [DBJ]
- CES 2016 hosted 43 Colorado companies, spotlights three [InnovatioNews]
- Denver-based Altitude Digital selects Denver-based FORTRUST as data center partner [AltitudeDigital]
- Thornton’s Ascent Solar announces partnership with Englewood-based eBags [InnovatioNews]
- Colorado lands at #11 for top-grossing mobile apps [Tech+]
- Content delivery network Fastly opens in LoDo [ConfluenceDenver]
- New year, new career: 6 hot Colorado companies hiring in 2016 [BuiltinColorado]
- Smithsonian American Art Museum Indie Arcade features Pixel Galaxy by Boulder-based Serenity Forge [SerenityForge]
Top Upcoming Events
- 1/13 – CTA – 101 Luncheon
- 1/13 – Denver Java User Group – Agile, Not Fragile: Talk by Dr. Venkat Subramaniam
- 1/13 – Refresh Denver – Caleb Hanson, VP of Product at Rapt Media
- 1/14 – CTA – C-Level Volunteer Kickoff
- 1/14 – Denver Swift Heads – Intro to Game Development with SWIFT & SpriteKit (iOS, tvOS, OS/X)
- 1/14 – Learn to Code Colorado – Workshop 1: Intro to GitHub and Web Basics
- 1/15 – Denver Area Access Users Group – Access Fridays II : Cloud Computing with Microsoft Access
- 1/18 – CiGDA – Volunteer or Attend: VR Jam for Kids
- 1/19 – Boulder iOS – Swift / iBeacons
- 1/19 – Joomla Denver – UX: Make Better Websites in 2016
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado, please let me know!
Does your Colorado tech company have a blog or newsletter? Am I already subscribed to it? If you answered “yes” then “no”, send me your info! I want to hear about what you’re doing!
You can subscribe to all my posts by email.
Feel free to ‘like’ Colorado Tech Weekly on Facebook!
Visit directly at ColoradoTechWeekly.com