Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local tech events every Monday morning!
The main reason I share stories about funding amounts and leadership changes in tech companies is because you can learn a lot by a company by paying attention to their leadership. Company culture starts at the top. The traits of a company’s executives and founders is found throughout their companies. Curious about a company? Look at their leaders.
Top Colorado Technology News
- Tech News Roundup: Slice of Lime acquired, Cloud Elements raises $5M and more [BuiltinColorado]
- INterview with Bill Adkins, campus director of Boulder-based CodeCraft [InnovatioNews]
- Harris Morris Named Chairman of Denver’s Wazee Digital [WazeeDigital]
- Gamers on Valve’s Steam getting gigabit kick from Broomfield’s Level 3 [Tech+]
- Denver-based Aspenware launches public beta of Aventeer, an all-in-one marketplace and platform [CTA]
- 6 Colorado tech companies that give back all year [BuiltinColorado]
- Broomfield-based Datavail’s $47.3 million tops Colorado’s 4Q venture-capital deals list [BizWest]
- Denver’s Photobucket replaces CEO and other top executives [Tech+]
- Dev school General Assembly expands to Denver, classes to start in February [Xconomy]
- Denver-based Ping Identity names Robb Reck as CSIO [InnovatioNews]
Top Upcoming Events
- 1/20 – CiGDA – Monthly Northside Casual
- 1/20 – Denver Droids – Fragments: Why, How, and What For?
- 1/20 – Denver UX – The gap between design and development
- 1/20 – Tech4Good Denver – Battle of the CMS: WordPress vs Drupal
- 1/21 – Denver IoT – January IoT Meetup @ Alticast
- 1/21 – Turing School – Demo Night
- 1/26 – Arapahoe Libraries – Careers in Coding
- 1/26 – TechrIoT – Outburst Parker presents Alan Johnson, Founder of Place Global
- 1/26-1/28 – GirlDevelopIt – (DENVER) Intermediate WordPress
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado, please let me know!
Does your Colorado tech company have a blog or newsletter? Am I already subscribed to it? If you answered “yes” then “no”, send me your info! I want to hear about what you’re doing!
You can subscribe to all my posts by email.
Feel free to ‘like’ Colorado Tech Weekly on Facebook!
Visit directly at ColoradoTechWeekly.com