Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local tech events every Monday morning!
The headlines aren’t usually the most interesting story. Yes, Bitcoin’s value is very interesting and the Amazon HQ2 story is fascinating but when I look past the big headlines I see the stories that have more meaning.
This week we have 4 companies that want to move their headquarters, or at least a big part of their operation, to Colorado that aren’t named Amazon. We also have 2 meetups coming up that talk about blockchain which is most well known as the technology behind cryptocurrencies but is way more interesting because it is capable of being so much more!
Infinicept is hiring for a mid-senior level Software Engineer! Come work with me and my team! If you have any questions, let me know and I’ll help you out.
Have a great week!
Top Colorado Technology News
- Los Angeles private equity firm buys Denver tech company Mersive [DBJ]
- A Look Back: 15 Years of SparkFun and the Maker Movement [SparkFun]
- Two Colorado tech companies on Fortune’s ‘great place to work’ list [DBJ]
- California cloud software maker Accelo plans to bring 787 jobs to Denver [DenverPost]
- 2018 Bringing Changes for the Colorado Maker Hub [ColoradoMakerHub]
- 2 international firms eye Denver area for American HQ locations [DBJ]
- Australian software company is making Denver its U.S. base [DBJ]
- Denver makes Amazon’s HQ2 finalist list — along with 19 other cities [DenverPost]
- Get paid to go back to school: 3 techies share how their companies support continued growth [BuiltinColorado]
- Built In Colorado’s 50 Startups to Watch in 2018 [BuiltinColorado]
Top Upcoming Events
- 1/24 – General Assembly – TechTalks: Resume Workshop
- 1/24 – Rocky Mountain Blockchain – Kevin Owocki Presents Gitcoin (Consensys Spoke) at Denver University
- 1/24 – SheSays Boulder – GET YER BLOCKCHAIN ON: The scoop on blockchain & crytocurrencies
- 1/24 – Tech Confluence – UI Automation with Jeremy Bellows
- 1/25 – AdTech Meetup – In-House Agency Secrets & Supply Chain Transparency with Blockchain
- 1/25 – Denver Code Club – Does our app still work? An intro to modern end-to-end testing
- 1/25 – Mile High Gophers – Building Go projects made easy with Gradle with speaker Benjamin Muschko
- 1/25 – Turing School – January Code & Show Demo Competition Finals
- 1/25 – West Denver Software Test Engineering Meetup – Solve problems you didn’t know you had with Git, Jira and other APIs
- 1/30 – General Assembly – Career Conversations: Web Development
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado or if you have any news stories or opinions of your own about Colorado tech, email me at COTechWeekly@Gmail.com.