Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local tech events every Monday morning (Unless Monday was a holiday. I hope you had a great, and reflective, Martin Luther King Jr. Day!)!
This week has a good amount of both reflection and direction stories. I never thought too much about the relationship between the two until just now. In order to have good direction, it is important to reflect well on what has happened, where you are and where you intend to be. I’m in a very good spot for this as I settle in after my first month at Infinicept and as I start my very last class to finish off my CS degree!
Speaking of Infinicept, we are hiring for a mid-senior level Software Engineer! Come work with me and my team! If you have any questions, let me know and I’ll help you out.
Have a great week!
Top Colorado Technology News
- Boulder smart-home software developer Yonomi adds $5 million from manufacturer of car technology [DenverPost]
- Our Role in Colorado Tech’s Continued Growth: A letter from the CEO [CTA]
- Colorado Springs-based FoodMaven secures $8.6M in Series A fund round [InnovatioNews]
- Colorado Springs software firm Cherwell Technology is looking for a new CEO [DBJ]
- Centennial-based Innovation Pavilion greets the New Year [InnovationPavilion]
- Staffing leader KORE1 invests in Denver through acquisition of Kranect [KORE1]
- Denver-based Choozle CTO John Schnipkoweit on creating a dynamic and diverse workplace [Choozle]
- Boulder’s Misty Robotics unveils its first personal robot, but not just anyone can buy it [DenverPost]
- Denver’s GutCheck by the Numbers: 2017 [GutCheck]
- CSU-Pueblo ‘CyberWolves’ win in national online security contest [PuebloChieftain]
Top Upcoming Events
- 1/17 – CIGDA – Casual Downtown Denver Meetup
- 1/17 – Denver Amazon Web Services Users Group – Microsoft on AWS: Mike Kalberer, AWS SA
- 1/17 – Denver Droids – Building Android Libraries (At Xero) by Krishna Achanta
- 1/17 – General Assembly – A Toast to Denver: New Campus Bash
- 1/17 – WomenWhoCode – Denver: Women Who Go
- 1/18 – Galvanize – Founder Hour with Ian Bernstein: Sphero & Misty Robotics
- 1/18 – Node.js Denver/Boulder/Ft. Collins – Angular Next: Getting started with the newest version of Angular
- 1/20 – GirlDevelopIt – Code & Coffee at Capital One Cafe [BOULDER ]
- 1/23 – Zunesis/Aruba – The Aruba 360 Secure Fabric
- 1/23 – DenverScript – End to End Testing: The Game has Changed with Will Klein
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado or if you have any news stories or opinions of your own about Colorado tech, email me at COTechWeekly@Gmail.com.