Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local tech events every Monday morning!
The startup I work for (I keep wanting to say “My company” but I don’t want people to think I’m in charge) is hiring for a front-end engineer/designer, a full stack .NET engineer and a software implementation engineer. Infinicept is a very small company so we don’t have a single person to do recruiting and hiring, we just have us and it’s made me appreciate what work is done by a good “people person”. It’s also a great place to work (although I’m admittedly biased)!!
This week had definite themes! There were a lot of headlines about news about tech company earnings. You can find most of those headlines on the BizWest and Denver Business Journal websites.
Also with the election last week, northern Colorado seems like the best place in the state for municipal broadband and Aurora is also looking to get into broadband. I like this a lot as I see internet access as a needed utility that should be available to everyone.
Have a great week!
Top Colorado Technology News
- Denver-based Registria creates millions in new found value for consumer durable brands [Registria]
- Longmont gig-Internet signups exceed estimates [BizWest]
- Recently acquired Denver-based SendGrid still isn’t making money despite Q3 revenue increases [DBJ]
- Denver’s Angi Homeservices reports best quarter since merger [DBJ]
- 5 takeaways from Dish Network Q3 earnings: Worst quarterly subscriber loss ever [DBJ]
- Special Report: Colorado Technology 2018-19 APEX Awards winners finalists honored [DBJ]
- Loveland council reverses decision, moves ahead with broadband [BizWest]
- Voters allow Aurora to explore broadband services [SentinelColorado]
- Erie voters allow town to explore broadband alternatives [DailyCamera]
- Boulder-based Zayo stock prices slip after lackluster earnings split announcement [BizWest]
Top Upcoming Events
- 11/14 – RMUASP – Ron Bell of International Geophysical Services [Denver]
- 11/14 – Denver Java Users Group – Mary Grygleski: Enterprise Hybrid Mobile App with a Cloud Native Backend [Denver]
- 11/14 – Boulder Ruby Group – Trailblazer and CDNs [Boulder]
- 11/14 – WomenWhoCode – From Start Up to Global Leadership: Scaling Technology Systems and Teams [Denver]
- 11/14 – Denver WordPress Meetup – Hands on with Gutenberg [Denver]
- 11/15 – Boulder/Denver D3.js and Data Visualization – Storytelling with Scrollytelling with Jenna Blumenfeld [Boulder]
- 11/15 – Built in Colorado – Built In Brews at Rogue Wave Software [Louisville]
- 11/17 – GirlDevelopIt – Introduction to User Experience(UX) [Denver]
- 11/15 – General Assembly – Kickass Women Slaying the Creative World [Denver]
- 11/19 – Hispanics and Technology – Ivan (AJ) Menendez: Early security Evangelist to Sr. Management [Denver]
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado or if you have any news stories or opinions of your own about Colorado tech, email me at COTechWeekly@Gmail.com.
You can subscribe to all my posts by email.
Feel free to ‘like’ Colorado Tech Weekly on Facebook!
Visit directly at ColoradoTechWeekly.com