Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 information technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local events every Monday morning! Unless Monday is a holiday, then it will be posted on Tuesday, but I’m not going to say that every week because that would be a little strange.
I hope you had a great Labor Day weekend. Between last July’s news of Amazon allowing HTML5 apps and this week’s news of allowing in-app purchases of real goods, developing for the Amazon App Store is looking more and more appealing.
- Boulder-based Rogue Wave Software acquires Broomfield-based OpenLogic [InnovatioNews]
- Loveland-based Madwire accepts their $2.9M Colorado tax credits to create over 300 jobs [InnovatioNews]
- Englewood-based Arrow Electronics acquires Germany-based distributer, Computerlinks [InnovatioNews]
- Longmont-based DigitalGlobe is going to move their headquarters all the way to Broomfield in 2015 [InnovatioNews]
- Level 3 Communications cuts 150 jobs in Colorado [DBJ]
- Wayin announces partnership with the St. Louis Rams, their 3rd NFL team partner [BuiltinDenver]
- Technology groups call for immigration reform [CTA]
- Using old versions of Android will put you at risk [ZDNet]
- Amazon now allows Android developers to earn money off of real goods bought as in-app purchases [TheNextWeb]
- A glitch in Amazon’s cloud services affects Instragram, Vine and Netflix [BBC]
- 9/4 – Galvanize – 1Million Cups
- 9/4 – Women Who Code – Conferences!
- 9/4 – The Den of Clojure – Liberator + Immutant
- 9/7 – DevCampus – Learn Web Development with Meteor JS
- 9/8-9-11 360|iDev 2013 – iOS Developer Conference
- 9/10 – BDNT – New Tech Boulder Meetup
- 9/10 – AngularJS Denver – Data Visualizations with AngularJS
- 9/10 – Galvanize – Civic Hack Night
- 9/10 – CTA – APEX Awards Dinner
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado, please let me know! Also if you attend any of the events listed, I would love to hear from you!