Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 information technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local events every Monday morning!
Is there a major technology company that is not releasing a new product in the next few months? All these new things are going to be awesome next year after they find a fix the bugs.
I am excited to be going to my first Colorado Technology Association Apex Conference this Wednesday. I’m really looking forward to meeting some of the cool people I’ve learned about while doing these CTW posts.
- The Rocky Mountain Center for Innovation and Technology (RMCIT for short) signs its first tenant [InnovatioNews]
- CTA announces the 10 Apex Challenge challengers [CTA]
- The Defrag 2013 conference will be in Broomfield in November and registration is open [DefragCon]
- What were some of the biggest stories of the past two weeks? Techstars, Graphicly, RoundPegg and Rally [Xconomy]
- TindrLabs launches MiniUX, a weekly UX newsletter. Also UX stands for user experience. [BDNT]
- Boulder-based Parascript gets FDA approval for their breast cancer-detection software [DBJ]
- Samsung unveils the Galaxy Gear smartwatch [9news]
- November 22 is the release date for XBox One [TechCrunch]
- Hershey’s announces new chocolate smartphone OS. Android makes candy. Or Android 4.4. [TheVerge]
- OS X Mavericks release date set for end of October [9to5Mac]
- 9/10 – Boulder JUG – Intro to Scala for Java Developers and Intro to Hadoop Toolset
- 9/11 – Galvanize – 1Million Cups
- 9/11 – BoulderTechJobs – Boulder is Hiring
- 9/11 – CTA – Apex Conference
- 9/12 – Zia – Zia Summit
- 9/12 – DenverJS – Thalassa: Continuous Delivery with Node.js and HAProxy
- 9/12 – RMIMA – 6 Parts of a Successful Team
- 9/12 – Galvanize – SEO Meetup
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado, please let me know! Also if you attend any of the events listed, I would love to hear from you!