Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 information technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local events every Monday morning!
Every once in a while my full time job feels the need to remind me that I’m not doing what I love yet. That happened this week when I went back to my graveyard shift. I’ll be doing the same things I have been, but it will seem more mysterious because I’ll be doing them in the middle of the night. Everything seems a little more mysterious in the middle of the night.
- Westminster-based Cloudpath Networks providing BYOD Wi-Fi access to IT professionals at Interop New York [InnovatioNews]
- Denver-based Placeable releases Placeable Plot to visualize location data across multiple platforms [InnovatioNews]
- Mile High Roundup: Local Tech Companies Raise Cash, Expand Overseas [Xconomy]
- NoCo Mini Maker Faire hits home run as thousands throng to RMCIT on Oct. 5 [InnovatioNews]
- BDNT September Update [BDNT]
- Tesla opening Colorado’s first charging stations [DBJ]
- Colorado small-business hiring picked up speed in September [DBJ]
- A Wild September for Wireless: Putting it in Context [Xconomy]
- Amazon in the process of developing smartphones [TechCrunch]
- Western Digital rolls out secure My Cloud drive [ComputerWorld]
- 10/10 – BuiltinColorado – Ruby on Beer Monthly Meetup
- 10/10 – The Denver Web Technologies Meetup – October Meetup
- 10/10 – RMIMA – Your biggest security risk: The space between the keyboard and the chair 10/15 – BuiltinColorado – Filtering From the Firehose: Real Time Social Media Streaming, with Jim Moffitt from GNIP
- 10/15 – SIM-Colorado – CIO of the Year Winner’s Panel
- 10/15 – Galvanize – Land a Job at a Startup
- 11/15- 11/17 – NFJS – Rocky Mountain Software Symposium
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado, please let me know! Also if you attend any of the events listed, I would love to hear from you!