Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local tech events every Monday morning!
The number 42 always inspires Douglas Adams puns from me, For the life of me I can’t figure out why I missed out on such a great pun opportunity last week. I suppose I was too nervous about the Hour of Hardware event I was running at my daughter’s elementary school. It went great! The kids seemed to have a great time and the computers we used all worked after all the students left. You can read my review of the event here.
The news I read about the tech industry inspires and motivates me and it’s nice to pass that inspiration on to others.
Top Colorado Technology News
- Durango-based Mercury Payment Systems goes for $100M IPO [BuiltinColorado]
- Broomfield’s Level 3 and Elemental team to demonstrate world’s first real-time 4K Ultra HD streaming system [InnovatioNews]
- Denver’s GoSpotCheck Returns From Google’s Inaugural Demo Day With $100K [Xconomy]
- BuiltinColorado profiles 5 amazing women developers in Colorado [BuiltinColorado]
- Is startup life a fit for you? BuiltinColorado provides insight into 4 local startup jobs [BuiltinColorado]
- Open source thrives in Colorado [BuiltinColorado]
- Denver-based MassRoots, a social app for cannabis users, gains $475K in follow-up funding [BuiltinColorado]
- Colorado companies Dish Network and Arrow Electronics named to InformationWeek Elite 100 [DBJ]
- Denver’s Mobile Accord helped U.S. start covert Twitter-like service to stoke dissent in Cuba, says AP (Video) [DBJ]
- Congrats to the GoCodeColorado Challenge Weekend Finalists [GoCodeColorado]
- 4/9 – Refresh Denver – Speaker: Mike Gehard, Senior Software Engineer at Pivotal Labs
- 4/9 – Denver Pivotal Tracker Meetup – Beta update, planned features and more
- 4/9 – Denver Java Users Group – Apache Cassandra with Tim Berglund
- 4/9 – CTA – CTA 101 Luncheon
- 4/10 – BuiltinColorado – Built In Brews at iTriage
- 4/10 – Full Stack Boulder – Sampling the Stack
- 4/10 – CTA – Tech Hops
- 4/14 – Galvanize – Galvanize Workshop: Getting A Handle On Open Source
- 4/15 – gSchool – Learn how to Build Responsive Websites: Workshop
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado, please let me know! Also if you attend any of the events listed, I would love to hear from you!
You can subscribe to all my posts by email.
Feel free to ‘like’ Colorado Tech Weekly on Facebook!