Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local tech events every Monday morning!
Last week I wrapped up my journey into UX Design. I didn’t finish my journey, I just wrapped it up for now. It’s a much bigger subject than I realized and I have a new respect for those that do it as a profession. On Wednesday, I picked up the Ruby on Rails Tutorial book. I spent all day Sunday troubleshooting tools that I only halfway understand so I could learn and develop with Ruby on Rails. Self-directed learning is a lot like the TARDIS, it doesn’t always take me where I mean to go, but it takes me to where I need to be.
I hope you check out Open World Learning’s request for volunteers. Few things are more fun than helping kids get excited about technology. I will get to do just that tomorrow as I am hosting a Hour of Hardware event at my daughter’s elementary school to compliment the Hour of Code event we hosted in the fall. Wish me luck!
- 3D Collaboration and Interoperability Congress (3DCIC) announces final speaker lineup for three-day Colorado Springs gathering in May [InnovatioNews]
- Rocky Mountain Innosphere in Fort Collins adds first 2014 group of six new client startup companies [InnovatioNews]
- Denver-based PQCareers works to humanize the recruiting process [W3W3]
- Open World Learning’s 5th Annual TechFair Competition Needs Your Help! [CTA]
- Boulder-based FreeWave unveils WavePoint M2M platform for industry and government applications [InnovatioNews]
- From Techstars to Galvanize, Denver’s GoSpotCheck now heads to Google HQ for inaugural Demo Day [BuiltinColorado]
- Denver-based Ping Identity ups its mobile security hold with acquisition of Accells Technologies [BuiltinColorado]
- Colorado Legislature declares Colorado Aerospace Day; criticizes feds for NASA cuts [DBJ]
- This would be huge! Dish Network’s Ergen talks merger with DirecTV CEO, says report (Video) [DBJ]
- ShowMobile, a media app based in Denver, meets kids where they live — on their phones [DBJ]
- 4/2 – Analyze Boulder – April Meetup: Ladies’ Night
- 4/2 – Galvanize – Google Demo Day Streaming Live in Gather Café
- 4/2 – Colorado Cassandra Meetup – Apache Cassandra with Jason Atlas
- 4/2 – DTC Ruby User Group – Initial commit: The first meeting of DTC Ruby User Group
- 4/2 – The IT Summit – 2014 IT Summit: Denver
- 4/3 – Sovrn – Recruitment Happy Hour
- 4/3 – Colorado Code for Communities – Happy Hour With City Of Denver Web Team
- 4/3 – CIGDA – Getting Your Game Noticed
- 4/8 – BDNT – New Tech Fort Collins
- 4/8 – Cloud Elements – Scalable Logging and Analytics with LogStash
- 4/8 – Reactive Programming Enthusiasts Denver – Scala and Akka support concurrent programming and why you need to use it
- 4/8 – Colorado Code for Communities – Denver Civic Hack Night
- 4/8 – Denver.rb – April Meetup
- 4/8 – CIGDA – IGDA April Meeting
- 4/8 – Aetna – 2014 Digital Health Summit
- 4/8 – CTA – Insights Series in partnership with Forrester Research sponsored by EY
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado, please let me know! Also if you attend any of the events listed, I would love to hear from you!
You can subscribe to all my posts by email.
Feel free to ‘like’ Colorado Tech Weekly on Facebook!