Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local tech events every Monday morning!
I’m excited about the strong, growing network of IT women in Colorado. The National Center for Women & Information Technology is based in Boulder. CTA’s Women in Tech event was a big success. There is a GDI (Girl Develop It) Boulder chapter and a newly launched GDI Fort Collins chapter (but no GDI Denver chapter yet?). Things are looking good for my 10 year old daughter who wants to follow in, and improve upon, her father’s footsteps.
Top Colorado Technology News
- Scott McNealy’s Denver-based social startup Wayin raises another $12 million [TechKnowBytes]
- Denver’s Cloud Elements closes $3.1M a round to make app integration easier [Xconomy]
- Denver-based Galvanize CEO opens up about $18M round, plan to create Ed startup [Xconomy]
- Centennial-based Pixorial announces July 18 shutdown after seven years of operation [InnovatioNews]
- Women in Tech event in Littleton draws 550 female tech leaders to gain insight, inspiration, networking [InnovatioNews]
- INterview with Mike Freeman, CEO of Fort Collins-based Rocky Mountain Innosphere [InnovatioNews]
- With $20 million round, Denver-based Ibotta will double employee base [BuiltinColorado]
- Attracted to the strong tech scene, Twentyseven Global expands to Denver [BuiltinColorado]
- Colorado’s fast-growing startups of 2014 – and how to get a job at them [BuiltinColorado]
- Broomfield-based Level 3 buying TW Telecom in $5.7B deal [DBJ]
- 6/25 – BDNT – Google I/O Extension: Denver
- 6/25 – Pettag – Pettag+ Product Launch Party: The Future of Connected Pet Software & Hardware
- 6/25 – Data Science & Business Analytics – Big Data Business Advantage with GPUs and FPGAs for Real-time Ingest Processing
- 6/25 – DeRailed – Get some Golixir! (umbrella included)
- 6/25 – CSU – 3D Printing Day
- 6/26 – ConferenceEdge – New Release Launch Party
- 6/26 – BuiltinColorado – Built In Brews at Simple Energy
- 6/26 – GDI Fort Collins – Girl Develop It Fort Collins Lanch Party
- 6/26 – BDNT – New Tech Colorado Springs
- 6/27 – Boomtown Boulder –Boomtown Accelerator Demo Day
- 6/27 – 6/29 – Startup Weekend – Denver Startup Weekend at Galvanize!
- 7/1 – BDNT – New Tech Boulder
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado, please let me know! Also if you attend any of the events listed, I would love to hear from you!
You can subscribe to all my posts by email.
Feel free to ‘like’ Colorado Tech Weekly on Facebook!
Visit directly at ColoradoTechWeekly.com
One thought on “Colorado Tech Weekly #54: $53.1M of funding, some rare bad news and the best network of IT women in the country”
Comments are closed.