Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local tech events every Monday morning!
Did you know that my headline is a quote attributed to Greek philosopher Heraclitus? I wonder if his friends called him Cletus.
See, this is the best/worst thing about the internet. I was all set to be done with my post, but then I spent 10 minutes learning all about Cletus because the knowledge so readily available. Luckily I was able to regain my train of focus and, speaking of change, I need to get back to my calculus homework.
Top Colorado Technology News
- Boulder joins ever expanding Galvanize community with new downtown colearning space [BuiltinColorado]
- Broomfield-based Level 3 to float $600 million in notes for TW Telecom deal [DBJ]
- Denver’s Welltok announces new president and CFO [InnovatioNews]
- Fort Collins-based startup geekrowd accepted into The Summit Dublin’s ALPHA program [InnovatioNews]
- Boulder’s Radish Systems awarded key patent for ChoiceView [InnovatioNews]
- Colorado Health Foundation’s Digital Health Challenge doling out $150,000 to Colorado companies [DBJ]
- Loveland’s Madwire Media raises $5.5M to fix fragmented digital marketing [BuiltinColorado]
- Westminster-based SpotXchange sells majority stake to European broadcaster for $144 million [BuiltinColorado]
- Denver cloud computing company ViaWest to sell for $1.2B [BuiltinColorado]
- Drone startups, like Greenwood Village-based RoboFlight, seek profit in software and the cloud [Xconomy]
- 8/6 – Denver Swift Developers Group – Tutorial: Creating an iOS app in Swift
- 8/6 – Analyze Boulder – Monthly Meetup
- 8/6 – gSchool – Demo Day
- 8/6 – Denver Cryptocurrency Meetup
- 8/7 – DenverJS – Hacking with Riak
- 8/7 – CTA – 10th Annual Wine Tasting
- 8/8 – RefactorU – Summer Open House
- 8/12 – BDNT – New Tech Fort Collins
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado, please let me know! Also if you attend any of the events listed, I would love to hear from you!
Want to geek out about development in general? Check out my Dev News Weekly newsletter that comes out every Tuesday morning!