Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local tech events every Monday morning (Unless Monday was a holiday. Hope you had a happy Presidents Day)!
For once, I feel like I am in the right place, doing the right thing, at the right time. Many of this week’s articles point out great things about the software developer job market in Colorado. We have 4 cities ranked among the ‘Most Innovative Tech Hubs’. The Denver Metro area is number one in aerospace employment. Software companies continue to succeed. Code schools and colleges are improving their developer education. All around, Colorado is a good place to want to be a developer.
Top Colorado Technology News
- 2015 Colorado tech job salary guide: How does your salary stack up? [BuiltinColorado]
- Apple changes cannabis policies; Denver-based MassRoots returns to App Store! [MassRoots]
- Boulder’s Techtonic Group coding apprenticeships aim to close workforce gap [BoulderDailyCamera]
- Colorado tech roundup: Aventura raises $14M, T3Media announces new executives, SendGrid announces new app [BuiltinColorado]
- CTA seeking silent auction donations for C-Level [CTA]
- FCC, FTC chiefs urge Internet openness, security at CU conference [BizWest]
- NerdWallet: Four Colorado cities among nation’s ‘Most Innovative Tech Hubs,’ 8 of Top 10 in West [InnovatioNews]
- Report: Denver Metro region ranks No. 1 in aerospace employment [InnovatioNews]
- The Colorado guide to jumpstarting your coding career [BuiltinColorado]
- 2/18 – Joomla! Denver – PHP and Joomla!
- 2/18 – WomenWhoCode – Ruby Study Group
- 2/19 – BDNT – New Tech Denver
- 2/19 – Colorado Cassandra Meetup – Distributed Systems in One Lesson
- 2/19 – gSchool – Boulder Demo Night
- 2/19 – KidsTek – 15th Anniversary Gala
- 2/21 – CodeForDenver – CodeAcross Denver 2015
- 2/24 – Boulder iOS Meetup – Feb Meetup: iOS Extensions
- 2/24 – BuiltinColorado – February Intro to the Colorado Startup Scene at Galvanize
- 2/24 – CTA – Gov-in-Tech: Independent Verification and Validation. The Sanity Check
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado, please let me know!
Does your Colorado tech company have a blog or newsletter? Am I already subscribed to it? If you answered “yes” then “no”, send me your info! I want to hear about what you’re doing!