Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local tech events every Monday morning!
OK so maybe the Google Fiber excitement is a little premature, but I heard a baseless rumor that it’s going live next week in Boulder but only for people to Instragram pictures of organic food. If you have your own baseless Google Fiber rumor I’d love to hear it.
In my prediction post in December, I predicted that the Colorado’s information security industry would double! With this week’s news about ProtectWise and last week’s news about Webroot, I’m feeling pretty smart so far.
Top Colorado Technology News
- While you were sleeping, Colorado’s dot-com generation comes of age [DenverPost]
- Report: Colorado is No. 3 in concentration of U.S. private sector tech workers [InnovatioNews]
- Denver-based PaySimple awarded best in small business Innovation and service awards [PaySimple]
- Condé Nast Entertainment teams with Boulder’s Rapt Media for interactive video advertising and content [RaptMedia]
- Everything you should know about non-compete agreements in Colorado [BuiltinColorado]
- Denver-based ProtectWise receives $17M to launch world’s first cloud network DVR for enterprise security [InnovatioNews]
- Denver’s Schoolrunner receives $1.5M investment from Colorado Impact Fund for education technology [InnovatioNews]
- Denver-based FullContact closes $10M funding round led by Foundry Group and Baird [InnovatioNews]
- “Amazon” legislation fails again to take hold in Colorado [CTA]
- Google Fiber files Colorado business registration [DenverPost]
- 4/1 – Analyze Boulder – AB April Meetup
- 4/1 – Cannabis Tech Denver – April Meetup
- 4/1 – WomenWhoCode – (Denver) .Net Study Group
- 4/1 – WomenWhoCode – (Denver) Intro to Git
- 4/2 – Node.js Denver/Boulder – Developing a RESTful API with Node, Express, and MongoDB
- 4/2 – WomenWhoCode – (Boulder) “Being the Junior on the Team” w/ Louisa Barrett & lightning talks
- 4/2 – WomenWhoCode – Boulder- Code Night (any language, Ruby beginner track option)
- 4/4 – GirlDevelopIt – DENVER: Introduction to AngularJS
- 4/6 – Full Stack Meetup – Denver: Full Stack Info Session & Round Table
- 4/7 – DOSUG – Neo4J Open Source Graph Database
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado, please let me know!
Does your Colorado tech company have a blog or newsletter? Am I already subscribed to it? If you answered “yes” then “no”, send me your info! I want to hear about what you’re doing!
You can subscribe to all my posts by email.
Feel free to ‘like’ Colorado Tech Weekly on Facebook!
Visit directly at ColoradoTechWeekly.com