Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local tech events every Monday morning!
Every once in a while I have to remind myself that most of the news behind these headlines are the culmination of months or years of work. The awards, acquisitions, mergers and events are the headlines but the important part is the work and time put into those events long before they become headlines.
Top Colorado Technology News
- Sprint ties Verizon for best mobile performance in Denver after four years at bottom [DenverPost]
- Boulder’s Rogue Wave acquires enterprise open source vendor Open Logic [InnovatioNews]
- Lockheed to lay off 500 in IT services division, which has Colorado presence [DBJ]
- Denver-based Altitude Digital wins ColoradoBiz Magazine Top Company Award [AltitudeDigital]
- 5 internships at awesome Colorado tech companies for this Fall [BuiltinColorado]
- 5 Northern Colorado tech companies you should know [BuiltinColorado]
- Colorado IT firms NexusTek and Illumen merge, eye national expansion [DBJ]
- Pebble Rocks Boulder Review – Hardware innovation packed into a weekend hackathon [Viget]
- Seagate cuts 70 jobs in Longmont [BizWest]
- Tech Roundup: TapInfluence doubles in size, eBags shakes things up & more [BuiltinColorado]
- 9/16 – Front Range PHP User Group – Integrating AngularJS with a PHP service
- 9/16 – WomenWhoCode – Ruby Study Group
- 9/17 – Green House Data – Networking Happy Hour at Blake Street Tavern
- 9/17 – Regis University CCIS – Attracting and Retaining Women for Careers in Technology
- 9/19 – Limn Interactive – 2015 Colorado Video Game Party
- 9/21 – Denver WordPress – WordPress Development for Designers
- 9/21 – HTML5 Denver – “Intro to AngularJS” and “Automated Testing AngularJS” by Venkat Subramaniam
- 9/22 – CTA’s Women’s Network – Appreciative Inquiry and the Power of Positive Change
- 9/22 – IBM – Bluemix Day: Denver
- 9/22 – WomenWhoCode (Denver) – Data Science Study Group
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado, please let me know!
Does your Colorado tech company have a blog or newsletter? Am I already subscribed to it? If you answered “yes” then “no”, send me your info! I want to hear about what you’re doing!
You can subscribe to all my posts by email.
Feel free to ‘like’ Colorado Tech Weekly on Facebook!
Visit directly at ColoradoTechWeekly.com