Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local tech events every Monday morning!
“The only constant is change” said someone who says things that other people repeat. This is CTW #119 and by pure coincidence I drove up Highway 119 yesterday to look at the changing leaves. I also drove through Boulder to come back home after driving through the mountains. It also appears that most of our tech news this week goes through Boulder.
Top Colorado Technology News
- Boulder-based Zayo returns to profit for fourth quarter [BizWest]
- Longmont’s Star Command Galaxies Steam Early Access released! [WarBalloon]
- How Stream moved from Amsterdam to Boulder to build an SaaS company [BuiltinColorado]
- Broomfield’s Level 3 cuts jobs, won’t say how many [DenverPost]
- Baltimore firm completes buyout of Boulder software company, Proposal Software [DBJ]
- Boulder-based cannabis market data firm, BDS Analytics, raises $1.5 million [DBJ]
- Denver IT company Tectonic raises $2M [DBJ]
- Sleep through your commute: 5 jobs where you can ride the train to work [BuiltinColorado]
- Boulder team sports app TeamSnap raises $10 million [Tech+]
- Zenpayroll, with offices in Denver, adds health, workers comp service, plans to grow as Gusto [DBJ]
- 9/23 – QuickLeft – Hack the Arts Hackfest
- 9/23 – ReadyTalk – Open House!
- 9/23-9/25 – CGAIT – Waves of Change: Municipal & State Government Annual Conference
- 9/24 – CTA – End of Summer Volunteer & CTA Staff Mixer
- 9/24 – DaVinci Institute – Exploratory Meeting for Westminster Makerspace
- 9/24 – WomenWhoCode – Java Study Group
- 9/25 – CiGDA – Monthly Northside Casual
- 9/26 – DaVinci Institute – Build Your Own Peer-to-Peer FaceTime App
- 9/26 – Turing School – Turing Kids Who Code
- 9/28-10/2 – Denver Start-up Week
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado, please let me know!
Does your Colorado tech company have a blog or newsletter? Am I already subscribed to it? If you answered “yes” then “no”, send me your info! I want to hear about what you’re doing!