Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local tech events every Monday morning!
Last month was NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writers’ Month). I was challenged by a friend to participate. She got about 20k words of the 50k word challenge written. I wrote… zero.
I planned and brainstormed. I explored characters and settings. However I didn’t write any of the story because it seemed so… daunting. It’s amazing how similar programming is to writing. To succeed at either one, you need plenty of focus, passion and organization. I hope you find yours for this week. I’m still looking for my focus. I’m pretty sure I put it around here somewhere.
Top Colorado Technology News
- 5 Colorado CTOs you should know [BuiltinColorado]
- Every week is Computer Science Education Week for Denver non-profit, Open World Learning [CTA]
- Lockheed Martin expands offices in Colorado Springs [Gazette]
- Boulder’s Sphero and Kickfurther set to pitch at Consumer Electronics Show in Extreme Tech Challenge [BizWest]
- Where’s Santa on Christmas Eve? Broomfield-based Level 3 to help Colorado Springs-based NORAD track St. Nick [DBJ]
- Denver-based Welltok bolsters growth with $45M funding, Silverlink Acquisition [Xconomy]
- Meet Broomfield-based Conga’s CEO – Matt Schiltz! [Conga]
- Heck yeah, we’re from Fort Collins: Noisapp [Tech+]
- Denver/Boulder Hour of Code & Computer Science Ed Week events [Tech+]
- Boomtown’s 4th class includes 6 Boulder startups [Boulderopolis]
- 12/9 – Apigee – [FREE] From Zero to API to App (Denver)
- 12/9 – Boulder/Denver Big Data – Case Study: Machine Learning at Scale using Spark and Hive
- 12/9 – DOSUG/DJUG – Holiday Party
- 12/9 – RefactorU – Web Development Career Fair
- 12/9 – Refresh Denver – Joanne Cheng, Developer at Keen.io
- 12/14 – SecureSet Academy – “War Games” Application Security: Web Security & Countermeasures
- 12/15 – BDNT – NewTech Longmont: Tech Toys & Holiday Celebration!
- 12/15 – CIGDA – Monthly Northside Casual
- 12/15 – WomenWhoCode – (Denver) Java Study Group
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado, please let me know!
Does your Colorado tech company have a blog or newsletter? Am I already subscribed to it? If you answered “yes” then “no”, send me your info! I want to hear about what you’re doing!
You can subscribe to all my posts by email.
Feel free to ‘like’ Colorado Tech Weekly on Facebook!
Visit directly at ColoradoTechWeekly.com