Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local tech events every Monday morning!
Every week I do this I am blown away by all the amazing things we do with technology in Colorado. Half the time I stare at my screen, dumbfounded, trying to find a way to summarize all 10 stories into one coherent summary. I usually can’t find a way to summarize so I just find another subject to talk about that’s somewhat related to at least one article. Or I just ramble about not knowing what to say… like this.
Hey did you hear I am now doing a podcast version of Colorado Tech Weekly? You can find individual episodes on Soundcloud, you can subscribe to the podcast here and you can support the show on Patreon.
I record the shows Monday afternoons and I would love to hear your opinions on the headlines so I can include them in the podcast. So send your opinions, comments or random obscenities to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Top Colorado Technology News
- Colorado tech brought in more than $15M in January: here are the top 5 rounds [BuiltinColorado]
- Boulder County Yellow Cabs get makeover, technology upgrade [DailyCamera]
- 8 Colorado IoT companies leading the charge to a connected future [BuiltinColorado]
- Greenwood Village-based zvelo secures $2.75M from Cypress Growth Capital to meet demand for services [InnovatioNews]
- Find your perfect match: 6 companies hiring like crazy this February [BuiltinColorado]
- Tech news roundup: Denver-based Rachio’s new product, Denver a top STEM city and more [BuiltinColorado]
- Broomfield-based Level 3 Communications profit, revenue rise [DenverPost]
- Colorado attorney general issues warning about tech support scams [DenverPost]
- Denver’s Elevation Digital Media points Douglas County-based Arrow the way to the future with Super Bowl spot [ConfluenceDenver]
- Third annual Fort Collins Startup Week wraps on a high note for numbers of attendees, sessions [InnovatioNews]
Top Upcoming Events
- 2/10 – Denver Java Users Group – An Evening with Apache Spark
- 2/10 – Innovation Pavilion – Innaugural Innovation Awards and Anniversary Party with Gov. John Hickenlooper
- 2/10 – Learn to Code Colorado – Demystifying a Weather API with James Gibson
- 2/10 – Refresh Denver – Jay Ferracane, Creative Director at Angry Bovine
- 2/10 – SecureSet – Cybersecurity Heroes | Founder & CEO of Alchemy Security
- 2/11 – Boulder/Denver D3.js and Data Visualization – D3’s map making capabilities!
- 2/11 – Denver Mobile and Automation Quality Engineering Group – Mobile Testing: Tools and Frameworks Overview and Expanding your Technology
- 2/11 – KidsTek – Tech Leaders Dinner
- 2/11 – Node.js Denver/Boulder – Nodeschool: Learn Node.JS with us!
- 2/12 – Ignite Steamboat – Freelance Friday
Thank you for reading!
Last week I shared a link to a Denver Business Journal article about Cloud Elements revenues for 2015 but it was a subscriber only link. If you couldn’t read it, here’s the same news straight from Cloud Elements.
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado, please let me know!
Does your Colorado tech company have a blog or newsletter? Am I already subscribed to it? If you answered “yes” then “no”, send me your info! I want to hear about what you’re doing!
You can subscribe to all my posts by email.
Feel free to ‘like’ Colorado Tech Weekly on Facebook!
Visit directly at ColoradoTechWeekly.com