Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local tech events every Monday morning!
I like to think that these posts and the news I share on social media from Colorado tech companies helps Colorado tech reporters find and focus on stories. As you can probably tell I’m a big fan of their work and I like to think I contribute to it in some small way. So I was excited that, after I asked in last Monday’s post “What kind of effect would having a large Amazon campus in Colorado have on our tech community?”, the Denver Business Journal posted this article on Tuesday: Amazon HQ2 could actually help Denver’s talent-starved tech sector. I like to think Greg Avery was answering my question for me. If not, it’s really good timing.
I’m a big fan of creators of every kind, whatever they’re called! Most of my heroes are artists, makers, hackers, tinkerers, inventors, cosplayers, game-makers, podcasters, etc. so imagine my surprise that I somehow completely missed promoting the Denver Maker Faire in last week’s Colorado Tech Weekly post! I’m shocked that I missed promoting it because I would have absolutely gone to it if I wasn’t at work all weekend. If you see, or write, a good recap of the Denver Maker Faire, please send it my way.
Have a great week!
Top Colorado Technology News
- They don’t play games: 5 companies using AR/VR for more than gaming [BuiltinColorado]
- Denver’s Incident Response Technologies closes $1.2M seed round led by Innosphere Fund [InnovatioNews]
- Apple hiring software engineers to work in Denver [DBJ]
- Pay it forward: How Boulder-based Bonusly helped donate over $60,000 to disaster relief [BuiltinColorado]
- Denver-based Welltok acquires Georgia’s Tea Leaves, gains access to 400 hospital partners and consumer data [DenverPost]
- Denver-based Homebot raises $4.5M, plans to double team and expand nationally by year’s end [BuiltinColorado]
- 7 coding bootcamps and schools in Denver & Boulder you should know [BuiltinColorado]
- Boulder’s Kindara taking investments in equity crowdfunding campaign [BizWest]
- Colorado investigations company, KeyPoint Government Solutions, to join in 3-way merger to form government IT-services business [DBJ]
- Nerdwallet: Boulder ranks No. 8 for best city for tech jobs, Springs is No. 12 [InnovatioNews]
Top Upcoming Events
- 10/18 – Bootcampers Collective – Code Sessions: Build your own NPM package
- 10/18 – Boulder JS – John Kelvie: An Introduction To Building Alexa Skills
- 10/18 – Denver Amazon Web Services Users Group – Presentation from the creator of Miranda, Clark Hobbe
- 10/18 – Rocky Mountain UAS Professionals – October RMUASP Meetup
- 10/18 – Women Who Code – Boulder: Women Who Go
- 10/19 – Full Stack Meetup – Building Real World Serverless Apps with Node, Webtask, and Vue
- 10/19 – Node.js Denver/Boulder/Ft. Collins – Building Real World Serverless Apps with Node, Webtask, and Vue
- 10/20-10/22 – DreamHack Denver
- 10/24 – PySprings – Getting Started with Tensorflow and Tensorboard to Solve Real World Problems
- 10/24 – Rocky Mountain Blockchain – Blockchain 101 & 102: Big Picture and Deep Technicals
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado or if you have any news stories or opinions of your own about Colorado tech, email me at COTechWeekly@Gmail.com.