Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local tech events every Monday morning!
If the title of this week’s post puts a song in your head, you have great taste in music.
The Tech Jobs Tour event event last week was amazing! I got to talk with many of the leaders I admire from the Colorado technology community. It was inspiring and made me proud to be a part of this community. This week’s stories span all the emotions!
Love: We get to check in with Sparkfun founder, Nate Seidle, as he follows his passion and HobbyDB gets funding to continue helping others follow their passion.
Loss: Lockheed Martin misses earnings and Revolar shuts down. I’ve seen very few bad-news stories since I’ve started these blog posts and few have been more heartbreaking for me than finding out Revolar has to shut down.
Hope: Every other story deals with hope and it’s one of the things that keeps me going. Speaking of hope, remember how I said last week was a good time to get a new job? I have an interview on Wednesday! Wish me luck!
Have a great week!
Top Colorado Technology News
- Boulder’s Occipital acquires Paracosm, plans collaborative 3D mapping projects [Xconomy]
- Fort Collins voters to decide $150 million gamble in broadband industry [CompleteColorado]
- Denver tech darling Revolar shuts down, even as its panic buttons still for sale at Target, Best Buy [DenverPost]
- Jefferson County-based Lockheed Martin space business drives surprise earnings miss [DBJ]
- Check-In with Niwot’s SparkX – Two Rounds Later [SparkFun]
- Report: Colorado’s tech companies keep growing, up 20 percent in employee numbers over 2016 [InnovatioNews]
- Boulder-based collectible database, HobbyDB raises $325,000 [BizWest]
- Hickenlooper to unveil Skillful platform Thursday to help jobseekers [ColoradoPolitics]
- SendGrid, Tendril and Arrow Electronics tops the Hired list of 10 most attractive companies for tech workers in Denver [Recode]
- 17th annual APEX award finalists announced [InnovatioNews]
Top Upcoming Events
- 11/1 – Women Who Code – Denver: Transitioning from Java 7 to Java 8
- 11/1-11/2 – SecureWorld Denver
- 11/2 – Bootcampers Collective – Code Sessions: D3 – Data Driven Dev 101
- 11/2 – Built In Colorado – Built In Brews at LogRhythm
- 11/2 – North Denver Metro C++ Meetup – The trap of std::map
- 11/4 – PySprings – Beginning Python at PPLD
- 11/7 – DOSUG – POSTGRESQL V10: An Amplified Version of Postgres
- 11/7 – Girl Develop It – Free Screening of CODE: Debugging the Gender Gap [Boulder]
- 11/7-11/9 – DJI Enterprises – 2017 AirWorks Conference
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado or if you have any news stories or opinions of your own about Colorado tech, email me at COTechWeekly@Gmail.com.