Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local tech events every Monday morning!
We’ve long passed the time when technology was something aside from our everyday life. It used to be that there were those internet people and that computers were something you used only for work, school and entertainment. But now technology is deeply intertwined into every part of our lives including the things we need to manage the most in our lives: Our homes, our health and our finances. And every one of those tech related industries is represented well in Colorado.
Speaking of one of those tech related companies, the fintech company I work for, Infinicept, is hiring for 3 crucial positions (When you’re a small startup every position is critical isn’t it?). Those jobs are:
- Front-End Developer: We want someone who can both UX design and help us developers make ReactJS follow those designs.
- Software Implementation Consultant: If you can help a payments company understand how our SaaS can help them, this is for you.
- Software Engineer: Lots of ideas, new projects and more customers means we need to create a lot of code. If you like working with the latest .NET tools in C# and doing everything from front-end code in React to database queries in SQL Server, this is for you!
Have a great week!
Top Colorado Technology News
- APEX Award finalists announced for Nov. 7 event [InnovatioNews]
- SpotX Hackathon recap from Broomfield [SpotX]
- Rocky Mountain fintech: How Denver is evolving as a hub for financial innovation [DBJ]
- Denver tech company SendGrid ranks among the ‘happiest’ in the country [DBJ]
- Denver’s Angi Homeservices CEO Chris Terrill stepping down [DBJ]
- Bay Area job board startup Localwise to move headquarters to Denver [DBJ]
- Denver’s ANGI Homeservices to Acquire Handy [ANGIHomeservices]
- Denver-based HeartHero wins national pitch competition with AED life-saving device [InnovatioNews]
- Colorado’s candidates for governor offer a first glimpse into the importance they will place on cybersecurity [ColoradoSun]
- DispatchHealth brings back the house call just in time for flu season [BizWest]
Top Upcoming Events
- 10/17 – BoulderJS – Nurturing Designer <> Developer Collaboration [Boulder]
- 10/17 – Denver AWS Users Group – Estimating AWS Costs
- 10/17 – GirlDevelopIt – Happy Hour with Girl Develop It & Find My Flock [Denver]
- 10/18 – Denver UX – Special Edition of Happy Hour: A trifecta of Happiness [Denver]
- 10/18-10/19 – Develop Denver [Denver]
- 10/19-10/20 – Global Blockchain Summit [Golden]
- 10/22 – Boulder WordPress Meetup – Guest Speakers from SendGrid: Successful Email Marketing and Delivery [Boulder]
- 10/23 – Node.js Denver/Boulder/Ft. Collins – Kubernetes for Application Developers: A Practical Introduction [Denver]
- 10/23 – BuiltinColorado – Built In Colorado’s Top Companies Hiring [Denver]
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado or if you have any news stories or opinions of your own about Colorado tech, email me at COTechWeekly@Gmail.com.