Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local tech events every Monday morning!
Infinicept is hiring again for a Software Engineer so we can bring our team of developers up to 6! I enjoy working for Infinicept partly because as an employee of a small company I get to help shape the culture. We’re a team that enjoys achieving together, learning together and helping each other out. I joke with my co-workers that I feel like I’m telling candidates what they want to hear when they ask about our culture.
I’ve noticed that there’s been a lot of companies hiring and people starting new jobs recently. It’s neat to see what people and companies bring to the table that is more than just skills, compensation and benefits. It feels like those things are an expected part of getting and keeping talent but the important part is the way you feel about a company or person? Maybe “how they make you feel” is not the right way to put it, but I’m talking about the things that are hard to put in a job posting or resume that makes managing talent (yours and others’) challenging and interesting.
I am dangerously close to launching off on a tangent so before I do that, here’s this week’s latest tech news and events! Only 6 more Colorado Tech Weekly posts will be on ScottPantall.com. After that, you’ll be able to find them on the new and improved ColoradoTechWeekly.com.
Have a great week!
Top Colorado Technology News
- 5 minutes with Adam Enbar the founder of a WeWork-owned coding school that’s coming to Denver [DBJ]
- RingCentral to acquire Boulders Connect First [BizWest]
- Denver-area cable company, Wideopen West, laying off more than 200 employees [DBJ]
- New Colorado CIO wants to deliver ‘customer delight’ to state workers and residents [StateScoop]
- Westminster-based Maxar’s shares plummet after satellite failure [DenverPost]
- Highlands Ranch’s Field Squared closes 2018 second year of record revenue growth [FieldSquared]
- Denver-based Choozle donates $2772.33 to two Denver nonprofits [Choozle]
- Denver-based Visible launches on Android plans to sell smartphones [DBJ]
- Boulder’s Technical Integrity acquires diversity and inclusion startup, Find My Flock [TechnicalIntegrity]
- Nominations open for 2019 Colorado Manufacturing Awards deadline is Feb. 15 [InnovatioNews]
Top Upcoming Events
- 1/30 – BuiltinColorado – Built In Colorado’s Top Companies Hiring [Denver]
- 1/30 – Denver UX – Step Away From the Pixels [Denver]
- 1/30 – coloradoSprings.js – React Native with Patrick McDavid [Colorado Springs]
- 1/30 – Women Who Code – Denver Python Meetup [Greenwood Village]
- 1/30 – Internet of Things Colorado – IoT Colorado Re-launch Party w/ HarperDB [Denver]
- 2/4 – Colorado Springs Open Source Meetup – Creating Microservices with EdgeX Foundry [Colorado Springs]
- 2/4 – Learn to Code at the Denver Library – Where to Start with Programming [Denver]
- 2/4 – Boulder/Denver WordPress Builders – Take Gravity Forms to a Whole New Level! [Boulder]
- 2/5 – DOSUG – Daniel Hinojosa talks Elm [Greenwood Village]
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado or if you have any news stories or opinions of your own about Colorado tech, email me at COTechWeekly@Gmail.com (where I will actually read them now!).