Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local tech events every Monday morning!
It’s another week where we have a little bit of everything. I’ve finally caught up my Colorado Tech Weekly Email Apology Tour after learning that I haven’t been checking the email account for over a year. I’m fairly certain the new site is gonna work. I’ve learned about domain registration things… oh and there’s tech news of every kind! Hardware, satellites, blockchain, social media, healthcare, municipal news, etc. This week we get a little bit of everything including some bad news about Maxar and Colorado Springs.
Only 1 more Colorado Tech Weekly post will be on ScottPantall.com! If you’re in the email list, look for an email about the new site this week. Starting on March 18 (I didn’t do my previous math correctly) you’ll be able to find them on the new and improved ColoradoTechWeekly.com.
Have a great week!
Top Colorado Technology News
- Denver / Boulder startups most connected tech companies [Nudge]
- Want to work at Twitter? This Colorado school is one of the top feeders for the company [DBJ]
- Boulder’s Sphero announces the new RVR KickStarter ( and Nederland-based SparkFun gets to hack it) [SparkFun]
- A city where all the traffic lights are green? The tech is live in Lakewood and coming soon to other Colorado cities [ColoradoSun]
- Denver-based BridgeSat forms new partnership to build laser-based broadband network across Middle East [DenverPost]
- After tripling in size last year fast-growing Denver tech startup Guild Education plans to hire 240 more employees [DBJ]
- Governor aims to make Colorado ‘national hub for blockchain innovation’ [DBJ]
- Broomfield-based SCL Health and Zocdoc partner on real-time appointment booking [BizWest]
- Westminster-based Maxar Technologies slashing 200-plus jobs after recent satellite failure [DenverPost]
- Study: Springs is the worst for women in tech [CSBJ]
Top Upcoming Events
- 3/6 – Denver Modern Web – Get Hooked on React Hooks! [Denver]
- 3/7 – Denver Women in Tech – Cultivating Emotional Intelligence [Denver]
- 3/7 – CULTURE LABx Denver – Workshop: How to (Re)Design Your Organization’s Values with Josh Levine [Denver]
- 3/7 – Women Who Code – Get Involved! [Broomfield]
- 3/7 – COVR – VR for good. Educate. Experience. Share. [Westminster]
- 3/7 – Denver/Boulder Cybersecurity Meetup – Microsoft PowerShell with Matt McDonell [Denver]
- 3/7 – Learn to Code Colorado – Hack the Dot with Name.com [Denver]
- 3/11 – Colorado Technology Sales Roundtable – Colorado Tech Scene Discussion with Colorado TechCast host Trapper Little [Denver]
- 3/12 – Develop Happy Hour – March Develop Happy Hour [Denver]
- 3/12 – CiGDA – Casual Northside / Boulder Game Makers [Superior]
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado or if you have any news stories or opinions of your own about Colorado tech, email me at COTechWeekly@Gmail.com!