Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local tech events every Monday morning!
I signed up for GoCodeColorado because I like the spirit of the competition and just to try out my programming skills outside of homework. I figured it would be a good first experience, a good way to see what a hackathon is like. I ended up in a dynamic, diverse team that is one of 2 finalist groups from the Denver GoCodeColorado challenge!
Our idea is called MentorMatter. The site will make it easy for college students to connect with potential industry mentors. If you want to see some of the reasons why this idea is such a success for Colorado, just check out the first 2 top technology headlines.
If I thought I was excited and scared last week, that was nothing compared to how I feel now. Thanks for the good luck last week! WE WON!
Top Colorado Technology News
- The simple secret to Colorado’s startup community success [TechnicalIntegrity]
- Giving back to improve education [CTA]
- Colorado offers money for 903 new jobs — and may land Accuvant HQ [DBJ]
- Denver startup ProtectWise uses cloud to create safety in numbers [Xconomy]
- Colorado Tech Download April – C-Level wraps while our Foundation kicks off its summer internship program [CTA]
- 8 Colorado tech companies you should intern with [BuiltinColorado]
- Colorado Springs-based Cherwell Software adds Elizabeth Salomon as CFO [InnovatioNews]
- Colorado’s data-centers tax break still alive, student-loan repayment tax break dead [DBJ]
- The 10 highest paying programming languages: Ten more reasons to learn to code [DaVinciCoders]
- Webolutions named top Denver website design agency for 14th straight year [Webolutions]
- 4/15 – Galvanize – How to Become a Data Scientist Open House
- 4/15 – IoT Denver – Factory Tour: Sparkfun Electronics with Colorado Maker Hub
- 4/15 – Tech Confluence – April Tech Confluence: Chrome Extensions and Chat Ops
- 4/15 – WomenWhoCode – Ruby Study Group
- 4/17 – CIGDA – Extra Life charitable gamer group @ Pepsi Center
- 4/18-4/19 – GDI – [BOULDER] Intro to SQL using MySQL
- 4/20 – HTML5 Denver – “JSON at Work: Search and Transform” by Tom Marrs
- 4/20 – NodeJS Denver/Boulder – Designing APIs with NodeJS and Swagger
- 4/21 – Denver iPhone – Murtza Manzur: Getting Started with Developing for the Apple Watch
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado, please let me know!
Does your Colorado tech company have a blog or newsletter? Am I already subscribed to it? If you answered “yes” then “no”, send me your info! I want to hear about what you’re doing!
You can subscribe to all my posts by email.
Feel free to ‘like’ Colorado Tech Weekly on Facebook!
Visit directly at ColoradoTechWeekly.com
One thought on “Colorado Tech Weekly #96: My Team is a GoCodeColorado Finalist!”
Comments are closed.