Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local tech events every Monday morning!
The final judging for Go Code Colorado is this Thursday. This marks the end of 2 1/2 straight months of trying to squeeze my life in between learning, coding and learning and coding. It has made me rethink a few things. I still love making 1s and 0s do all the things I just might have finally figured out how I want to do that.
Top Colorado Technology News
- Boulder-based VictorOps raises $2.6 million in new funding [BizWest]
- Longmont’s NextLight fastest Internet service in U.S. [DenverPost]
- Douglas County-based JAB rolls five brands into Rise Broadband, plows $30 million into network [DenverPost]
- Heck yeah, we’re from Broomfield: Webroot [Tech+]
- Colorado Springs software company’s growth leads to bigger digs [Gazette]
- EXCLUSIVE: Comcast is creating a campus, adding jobs in south metro suburbs [DBJ]
- IBM and Denver’s AlchemyAPI Announce AlchemyData News API [ProgrammableWeb]
- Boulder-based Kapost raises $10.25M, opening new Pearl Street office [BuiltinColorado]
- Nine tips for nailing an awesome internship [QuickLeft]
- Workforce development will give Coloradans training for hard-to-fill tech jobs [ColoradoIndependent]
- 5/20 – Boulder UI/UX Group – UX Design IRL: ReturnPath
- 5/20 – DeRailed – May showers brings June flowers??
- 5/20 – IBM – Boulder Bluemix Day: Calling all mobile developers, entrepreneurs & Cloud enthusiasts!
- 5/20-5/21 – GlueCon
- 5/21 – BDNT – New Tech Denver
- 5/21 – CTA – Annual Wine Tasting 2015
- 5/21 – Go Code Colorado – Final Competition
- 5/22-5/24 – LambdaConf 2015: The Premier Conference for Functional Programming in the Mountain West
- 5/26 – CTA – Gov-in-Tech
- 5/26 – IoT Denver Meetup – May IoT Meetup
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado, please let me know!
Does your Colorado tech company have a blog or newsletter? Am I already subscribed to it? If you answered “yes” then “no”, send me your info! I want to hear about what you’re doing!